There are a lot of exercises you can incorporate for your workout plans. Whether you are a novice or a fitness enthusiast, there are various routines you probably want to cover as you are driven with your determination to successfully hit your fitness goals. However, even if you’ve just recently decided to have an active lifestyle or you’re already someone who has been working out for years, you mostly have heard HIIT training being a popular training.
High-intensity interval training or what we commonly call as HIIT is usually perceived by many as a great way to burn fat. Technically this cardiovascular exercise is a strategic workout training wherein you’ll alternate short periods of certain intense aerobic routines with lesser intense exercises for recovery period purposes. But there is more to this type of cardio training and it isn’t actually a one-two step of a workout. Let us share you how you can make use of the HIIT to its’ fullest potential and turn it to mostly to your advantage!
What is Hiit and its’ Benefits?
We often get carried away and always aim to go in full effort and intense with our exercise. But doing so may be detrimental to your body and health. For that reason, it is essential to understand the role of HIIT training so you’ll be able to properly manage the burning intensity of your workouts and tone it down at the right time. Generally, there is no universal duration for HIIT sessions though commonly other fitness trainer recommends 30seconds on and 30seconds off for certain HIIT workouts. Still, it may vary depending on an individual’s fitness level and of course with the assistance or advice of your trainer.
Beginners initially think that it is a simple variation of intense and not-so-intense routines but HIIT regimens must be planned strategically in order to carry out positive results that will lead you towards your goals. Significantly, this type of training can improve your athletic capability as you’ll be able to challenge yourself on both types of exercises. And it can also provide a helpful impact on your health such as keeping your heart rate up along with the ability to burn more fat in a shorter period of time compared when you’re doing regular aerobics or other workouts. Among its’ other benefits are:
- Improve your Health – Technically, we do exercise to have a healthier body and this workout is not an exception. With this type of training, did you know that you can improve your metabolism by increasing or speeding up your metabolic rate thus helping you with the reductions of the fat-mass in your body? Aside from that it will also level-up your body’s repair cycle. It also stimulates the production of HGH or Human Growth Hormone up to 450% within the 24 hours right after you’ve finish your HIIT session. And you’ll be happy to know that HGH is actually responsible in slowing down the aging process thus helping to you be young – inside and out! You can also expect a healthier heart if you have a steady pace of your HIIT workout.
- Easy and Convenient – It can be a quick and easy workout once you know more than the gist of it. The essential framework of HIIT workout actually has a same starting point which is “all-out workout”. The key is to go all out with your efforts and bring everything you got on the first workout period. Afterwards, you’ll to separate the intense exercises with rest periods which should be comprised of less intense routines. Trainers or coaches may give you unique interpretation in regards to the work-to-rest ratios however it still varies on how you would like to perform the intense burst of routines and how long you can keep before you go for less-intense exercise for recovery purposes. Plus it is super-efficient in terms of convenience because you can squeeze it in to your busy schedule. So you can say that it is also a “do-it-anywhere” workout since you can set your HIIT workout at home or even productively use your lunch break when at work.
- Seriously Challenging. Plus No Need for Equipment! – You don’t need any equipment for most of your HIIT workouts particularly when you’ve planned on running, jumping lunges, bodyweight squats and other cardio routines. Though when at the gym, you can use your chosen cardio machines or equipment that fits with your exercise. Technically, this is a training which is considerably short so it is a must to give it your all and work hard. You can set or plan new exercises that will give you constant challenge – that way you’ll never get bored and continuously go forward!
HIIT Workout for Women
In every workout, we are mostly driven by our determination and will – whether it is to get the body we want or simply about staying in good shape. However with HIIT, it is a requirement to have a high level of subject for motivation because of its’ extreme nature. With that in mind, we would like to share some of the best HIIT workout that’s ideal for all women – may you be a beginner or a seasoned exerciser!
20-minute HIIT Workout
No need to be hesitant, thinking if you are ready enough to go intense on your training. Even though you are a beginner, you can still perform this HIIT workout. This is comprised of:
- Butt Kicks
- Triceps Dips
- Side Lunges
It will be for 3 rounds of the mentioned exercises wherein you can do many reps as you can but with a fixed 45-second interval and a 15-second of rest for recovery period before going all out again. With this workout, you can maximize caloric burn since it also promotes metabolic conditioning.
Battle Rope Interval Workout
This is one of the HIIT workouts that are commonly done at the gym. You only need a rope to perform the routine. However you can also improve and customize a certain room at home to suit for this workout. Simply prepare a good rope and put it around a stable and immovable object such as a pole, a sturdy railing or a concrete pillar. Strategically, this is comprised of the following routines:
- Double-Arm Motion
- Alternating-Arm Motion
You can work for about 10 reps or 20 reps with a 60-second interval which will be followed suit by a 60-second complete rest before you hit the intense battle rope again. This will be for a total time of 20 up to 40 minutes.
Whole Week HIIT Workout
If you wish to try a HIIT training that is scheduled for a week, then you can use the following routine as a guide, which can effectively help you with your desire to lose weight.
- Full-Body Weight Training (Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays)
- Active Exercise like walking or jogging then set a 30-second interval before you proceed for a sprint of at least 7 up to 8 rounds. (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- And lastly make sure to have a complete rest on weekends (Saturday and Sunday)!
Looking for fitness news, updates on the latest workout trend or effective tips that are easily to follow? Visit our blog for more! You can also find awesome workout clothes that will surely make you stylish and still be able to keep up with the intensity of your fitness routines. Plus get the chance to enjoy exclusive offers and discounts once you join our VIP membership club. So sign-up today!